Termoplastic polyolefin elastomers
THERMOPLASTIC POLYOLEFIN ELASTOMERS (TPO) are produced by mixing of a certain grade of rubber in the specific ratio with thermoplastic (PP).
Basic characteristics of TPOs are as follows:
- Wide range of hardness ( from 20 to 65 conventional units to Shore D);
- Processing methods: extrusion, injection and blow molding, vacuum and pneumatic molding;
- Operation temperature: from munis 20-40 to plus 120ºC;
- Produced in the form of pellets, size 2-5 mm, black and natural (beige) colors;
- Multiple recycling capability;
- Coloring possibility with masterbatches on the base of PE/PP;
- Excellent resistance to water, aqueous solutions, detergents, antifreeze. Grades with hardness more than 60 Shore D have high resistance to solvents and oils;
- High resistance to UV effect and light-ozone ageing (for black color materials).